Questions 1. You have been hired by Fixing Windows LLC as an Information Technology consultant to develop a technology proposal. Fixing Windows LLC manufactures and distributes solar panel for the consumer market. Your job is to submit a proposal that meets their criteria.
- The company will have 3 locations (Los Angeles, Dallas, and Houston) but are planning to grow rapidly due to high demand in solar panels. Main staff will be at Dallas and Houston offices.
- Data security is priority since patent and trademarks are at stake.
- Los Angeles sales personnel will need secure remote access to Houston office.
- The WAN connectivity is in place and it is not an issue. There is ample bandwidth in place.
- Feel free to make other assumptions but they need to be noted in the paper.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
DNS and DHCP
- How had DHCP installation and authorization been implemented?
- DHCP scope design (e.g., lease times, number of scopes, address range)
- Will DHCP reservations be used for servers?
- How will DNS be handled for the second and third site?
- What namespace should Fixing Windows LLC implement?
- Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
- How can IPAM and IPv6 be utilized?
- DNS Security
File Services, DISTRIBUTED FILE SYSTEM (DFS) AND BRANCHCACHE:
- How will the shares be secured?
- Will DFS be implemented?
- Will quotas be used? FSRM be configured?
Remote Services and NETWORK POLICY SERVER (NPS):
- What technology will be implemented to provide secure remote access for users?
- Who should have remote access?
Discuss these other server 2016 Networking concepts:
- HIGH PERFORMANCE NETWORK SOLUTIONS
- SOFTWARE-DEFINED NETWORKING (SDN)
DNS and DHCP
A DHCP Server is a network server that automatically gives and allots IP address, default gateway, and some other network parameters to client devices. A unique dynamic IP address is assigned to each client by DHCP servers. The main role of DHCP to manage the IP addresses in large enterprises Network liken LLC company. The configuration of the DHCP server in Windows Server 2016 has two essential tasks.
- Install DHCP Server Role in Window Server 2016
- Configure DHCP in Window Server 2016
Fault tolerance is the issue that’s considered in every network service. This is one of the reasons that DHCP has not often well-protected from a fault tolerance point of view. The mechanism of DHCP is such that the failure of the DHCP server has not to impact on a network for even days. In this way, DHCP leases work.